Extension of the manufacturer warranty
Depending on the product, the warranty may be extended for up to 5 extra years at the same conditions as the manufacturer warranty. Simply add the desired warranty extension when placing your order.
Any additionally acquired services are provided by Sertronics, one of Switzerland’s major service partners.
Premium on-site service
Extend your warranty by including our premium on-site service and enjoy maximum convenience. First of all, authorised service specialists will try to restore the product to its original working order on-site. If it still needs to be sent in, however, a replacement is provided for all TVs exceeding 32 inches. After repair, the original device is returned and installed. This results in minimal inconvenience for you. Reaction time is normally two working days at most. As a general rule and if applicable, warranty extensions automatically include any warranty prolongation.
- On-site* check and repair of the device if necessary
- Device deinstallation and packing
- Installation of a replacement device if requested (only for TVs 32 inch and over)
- Transport to service centre
- All repairs carried out by a Swiss service centre
- Return transport to customer
- Device installation and working order check
- All fees for cost estimate covered if manufacturer warranty is rejected
*Due to varying manufacturer provisions, the company Sertronics is not always able to carry out repairs on-site. In such an event, the device is sent to the respective service centre free of charge.
Premium express service
Extending your warranty with our premium express service means there is no waiting for a faulty device to be repaired as you will immediately be presented with a solution. Should a device be faulty, it is replaced either with a new, equivalent product, promptly repaired or refunded at current value (see warranty provisions below). The device is picked up from and returned to your address at no extra transport cost.
The premium express service also includes a prolongation of the manufacturer warranty.
- Solutions provided within 24h*: new replacement device, express repair or refund at current value
- Return item free of charge:
- Option A: If we are notified before 3pm, the item is picked up by Swiss Post between 8:30am and 6pm the following day and delivered to any desired location (delivery date not negotiable)
- Option B: Sertronics will send you a same-day return delivery label via email so that you can return the item by post free of charge
- Replacement device provided upon request (deposit required)
- Coverage of cost estimate fees if manufacturer warranty is rejected
In the event of a warranty claim: The entire process is handled by Sertronics. Digitec Galaxus AG cannot send in products with a premium express service on behalf of the customer. Please send the faulty device, in its original packaging if possible, together with any accessories and the sales receipt to Sertronics. Please notify Sertronics if the device is password-protected.
*fromarrival at the service centre and if the warranty claim is valid. Warranty claims are processed from Monday to Friday. The rejection of a warranty claim may result in a longer processing period.
Warranty provisions for warranty extensions
The aforementioned warranty and service extensions apply in Switzerland and Liechtenstein. Warranty extensions may be acquired directly at the time of purchase or until the expiration of the manufacturer warranty. Warranty upgrades may be acquired directly at the time of purchase or until 30 days from the date of purchase (digitec/Galaxus invoice). The conclusion of a warranty extension is valid only if the device is not faulty at the time of conclusion. If it is established that the device was already faulty at the time of conclusion, the aforementioned warranty may be rejected by the service centre.
Warranty and service extensions are not provided by Digitec Galaxus AG but by service partners. Warranty extensions are effective upon receiving the sales receipt. The receipt can be viewed and downloaded in your customer account after the payment has been confirmed.
Digitec Galaxus AG reserves the right to reject the conclusion of a warranty extension without providing reasons. In such an event, the customer is informed about the rejection by Digitec Galaxus AG and the conclusion considered as never having existed. Any payments already made will be refunded.
Warranty services are provided for obvious and visible faults due to manufacturing or material defects and in accordance with the respective manufacturer warranty. They expressly exclude any additional right to benefit or warranty claims. These include in particular:
- Damage caused by misuse, incorrect use, alteration, tampering, shock, lightning, humidity or overcurrent
- Malfunctions of a system in which the device was installed
- For displays and TVs: burn-in, wear and tear as well as faults caused by burn-in
- Consequential damage
- Loss of earnings caused by a faulty device
- Any changing, erasing, making illegible or removing of the model or serial number
- Any supplied accessories and consumables (i.e. remote control, battery charger, headphones and other similar products) are excluded from warranty extensions
- For sets, only the main product is affected by the warranty extension
Primarily, it is our aim to repair faulty devices. However, should the repair of a device not be feasible due to economic or de facto impossibilities (e.g. loss), it is at the service providers’ discretion to determine the further procedure. The customer is not entitled to a refund. If no repairs are carried out, either an alternative, equivalent replacement is provided (a used device, if necessary) or a replacement is provided taking into account time-dependent depreciation. This being 100% of the purchase price for the first year, 100% for the second year, 80% for the third year, 60% for the fourth year and 40% for the fifth year. In any case, the highest refundable amount corresponds to the purchase price specified at the time of the conclusion of the warranty extension and must be stated on the sales receipt. If, as a first step, the product is replaced under the terms of the warranty, this is done with reservation. Should the warranty be rejected by the manufacturer, we reserve the right to charge the customer for the replacement device at a later point in time.
If the customer has resold the device, the warranty extensions also apply to the new purchaser, provided that we are supplied with his or her data in writing.