Digitec Galaxus AG
The online shops digitec.ch and galaxus.ch together form Digitec Galaxus AG.
digitec is Switzerland's online market leader in the fields of IT, consumer electronics and telecommunication. Galaxus is the largest Swiss online shop with a steadily growing range including categories such as “Home”, “DIY + Garden” and “Sports + Recreation”.
Galaxus and digitec provide access to a broad, extensive and well-maintained range of products. Consistently low and continually updated prices as well as fast and reliable online shops enable a unique and comfortable shopping experience – anywhere at any time. Customer focus is at the heart of everything we do. This means short delivery times, personal and competent customer service by phone, email and fax or at any of our nine retail stores as well as transparent and comprehensible communication.
- Our team is strong and is defined by a communication culture that is respectful, cooperative and appreciative.
- We attach great importance to tolerance.
- Together, we achieve great things. We keep each other motivated on a daily basis and continuously challenge the status quo. Because standing still is not an option.
- We are different. Unconventional, bold and innovative ideas are what we do best.
- We take responsibility. Autonomous actions and lean structures are the pillars that keep us dynamic and agile.
- Our Values are important for us
Galaxus and the Tortoise
Galaxus stands for our complete range and a whole new shopping experience – a department store universe that’s just a click away. So it’s no coincidence that the tortoise is our logo. In many ancient cultures, the animal is said to carry the whole world and even the universe on its back. It is also regarded as sturdy, reliable and clever. These are precisely the characteristics that describe Galaxus’ objective: To bring together a compact and competent universe of products in one place and to allow customers to enjoy a shopping experience that’s efficient and tailored to their needs.
The year is 2000. Three friends share a great passion for gaming, but they’re not willing to spend a small fortune on their gaming PCs, while the individual parts cost a fraction of the price abroad. So, they start building their own computers. This attracts attention – initially, from friends and family, but soon, orders start flooding in and production gets moving. Why not turn this into a business? No sooner said than done. In April 2001, they programme their own online shop, www.digitec.ch, and establish the general partnership Nägeli Trading & Co. On digitec, they offer PCs, the entire IT product range and later also consumer electronics.
At this time, Oliver Herren, Florian Teuteberg and Marcel Dobler aren’t even 25 years old. They’re driven by their joy of creating innovation, efficient processes and lean workflows. Their aim is to offer customers a wide range of products, good prices and professional service. The company grows rapidly and relocation, renovation and expansion work is present throughout its history. Once an underestimated company, digitec soon becomes the online market leader in electronics.
Having conquered the electronics field, the three friends come up with an extended business idea: In 2012, they launch Galaxus, Switzerland’s largest online warehouse with a broad product range including household items, toys and sports equipment. In 2014, the third online shop, programmed entirely in-house and combining both digitec and Galaxus, is released.
Today, the offices are located in Zurich’s Kreis 5 district. The logistics centre spans a total area of 46,500m2 and there are ten digitec stores throughout the German and French-speaking regions of Switzerland. In September 2015, the company is renamed Digitec Galaxus AG, including both portals in the company name. Digitec Galaxus AG currently has almost 1,000 employees.
Digitec Galaxus has earned a number of awards for its entrepreneurial achievements:
- GfM Marketing Award 2017
- Annual prize awarded by the Swiss Foundation for Marketing and Business Management
- Swiss E-Commerce Award 2017
- Galaxus: Swiss E-Commerce Champion 2017
- Galaxus: Winner category B2C – Home & Living
- Galaxus: Winner category Curation, Social and Content Commerce
- Best of Swiss Web Award 2015
- digitec: Honorary Prize – Swiss Web Award
- Prix Swiss Venture Club 2011
- SVC Entrepreunership Award in the industrial area of Zurich
- Swiss Economic Award 2008
- Swiss Economic Award