Tantalising tips for your pre-ski holiday checklist
by Martin Rupf
If you take good care of your shoes, they will not only look better, but also last longer. In our shop you will find a wide range of shoe care products to help you with this. Each shoe care product has a specific function and is suitable for certain materials and shoe types. Below you will find tips on shoe care and the various care products in our range:
- Waterproofing spray: A waterproofing spray protects your shoes from moisture and dirt. It forms a kind of protective layer on the shoe, which prevents water and dirt from penetrating your shoe. Simply spray the waterproofing spray onto clean and dry shoes and leave it to work, preferably overnight. It is advisable to repeat the application regularly to maintain good protection.
- Shoe brush: Shoe brushes are an important part of shoe care. You can use a shoe brush to remove dust and dirt from your shoes before treating them with other shoe care products. There are different brushes for different materials, such as suede or smooth leather. Make sure you always use a clean brush so you don't leave stains on your shoes.
- Shoe polish: The most common shoe care products are shoe polishes, which consist of waxes, oils and dyes and are used to care for and nourish the leather of shoes. Shoe creams can protect the leather from drying out and make it supple again. They also give the shoe a beautiful shine. Shoe polishes come in many different colours, so you can always find the right colour for your shoes. To care for your shoes, simply apply a thin layer of shoe polish and then polish them with a soft cloth.
- Shoe dryers: Shoe dryers are a practical and easy way to dry shoes quickly and effectively. They can help shoes last longer and prevent unpleasant odours from forming. A typical shoe dryer consists of one or more heating elements and a fan that blows air through the shoes or boots. This draws the moisture out of the shoe and dries the shoes quickly and gently. Many shoe dryers also have an automatic shut-off function that ensures that the shoes do not overheat. Some shoe dryers are also portable and can be easily stored in a bag.
- Shoe deodorant: A shoe deodorant is a useful shoe care product to remove unpleasant odours from your shoes. It kills the bacteria responsible for the odour and leaves a pleasant scent. Simply spray the shoe deodorant into the shoe and let it soak in.
- Shoe cleaner: Shoe cleaners are used to remove dirt, stains and other impurities from shoes and make them look clean and fresh again. Shoe cleaners come in various forms, including sprays, foams, gels or wipes. They are usually suitable for different materials, including leather, nubuck, suede, textiles or synthetic materials. Some shoe cleaners are also specifically designed for certain types of footwear, such as sports shoes or hiking boots. These cleaning agents are often particularly effective against dirt and sweat that can occur during sporting activities.