Printer model with Wi-Fi will made your day!
It's very convenient for small office or WFH office nowadays.
Fast Laser printer with color printing feature.
Easy to setup under Mac OS (AirPrint), Chrome OS and Linux (modern Ubuntu).
With Windows 10 you might experience a problem with setting it up via Wi-Fi. Standard Canon Driver wizard wouldn't find the printer even if you specify the IP address. I was able to setup it as IPP printer only.
To enable Scan function to send scans by Email using GMail account will require a few settings' tweaks:
1. Change SMTP port: Settings/Registration -> Network Settings -> Port Number Settings -> SMTP = 587
2. Enable 2FA in your GMail account if you didn't yet.
3. Add Application Password for "Mail" under Security settings @ Google Account. This will generate 16-characters passcode.
More Info: support.google.com/accounts...
4. Specify SMTP settings: Settings/Registration -> TX Settings -> E-mail / I-Fax settings:
- SMTP Server: smtp.google.com
- Email Address: email@example.com (address which will be in "From" field)
- SMTP AUTH: On
--- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
--- Password: *** 16-characters passcode ***
- Use TLS for SMTP: On
5. Turn Off "TX Result Report" at Settings/Registration -> TX Settings.
In case of failures you can check Error codes at "Status Monitor/Cancel -> TX Job Log". Error codes described here: