Using the miniature Roving Network / Microchip RN42 Bluetooth 2
Module, easily lets you communicate wirelessly with your TinyDuino via
a standard serial port from your computer using Bluetooth SPP (Serial
Port Profile Mode).
Once connected, this works just like you are connected using USB to
your TinyDuino, except now without the wire, since the entire
Bluetooth stack software is completely contained in the module, there
is no programming required.
This TinyShield is great for short range communications (10 - 20
meters) between your PC / Phone and the Bluetooth module and can
support high data rates of up to 2.0Mbps over the air.
Includes power supply and level shifters on the board, so you can run
your TinyDuino from 3.3V - 5V.
Note: Apple iPhones / iPad users should use the Bluetooth Low Energy
Shield instead due to Apple licensing restrictions.
* Fully certified Class 2 Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR module
* Bluetooth SIG qualified
* UART (SPP or HCI) and USB (HCI only) data connection hardware
* Onboard embedded Bluetooth stack (no host processor required)
* Programmable low power modes
* Secure communications, 128 bit encryption
* Error correction for guaranteed packet delivery
* UART local and over-the-air RF configuration
* Auto-discovery/pairing requires no software configuration (instant
* Ultra compact size and weight
* Rectangular Version: 20mm x 36mm (.787 inches x 1.417 inches)
* Max Height (from lower bottom TinyShield Connector to upper top
TinyShield Connector): 5.11mm (0.201 inches)
* Weight: TBD grams (TBD ounces)
* UART Mode used
* Arduino pins 0 - 1 used by this shield (the standard hardware UART
* Built in level shifters and linear power supply to allow your
TinyDuino to run up to 5.0V operation.
To see what other TinyShields this board can be used with at the same
time with, see the TinyShield Compatibility Matrix  Tutorial @
 http://tiny-circuits.com/learn/using-bluetooth-tinyshield/ … more
|Product type||Electronics module|
If you wish to learn more about this product, please visit the manufacturer's website or contact us: email@example.com
Warranty 24 month Bring-in
Limited right of return
Please use our simplified returns and warranty process to return a product or register a warranty case. Returns and warranty
Please use our simplified warranty process to view the warranty period as well as any warranty extensions you may have purchased. This will ensure that your return or warranty case is processed quickly and effectively.
Information subject to change.
Have you tested this product? Share your opinion with the Galaxus community.Rate product
You're not connected to the Internet. Please check that your connection is enabled to keep browsing the site.