Feather is the new development board from Adafruit, and like its
namesake it is thin, light, and lets you fly! We designed Feather to
be a new standard for portable microcontroller cores.
This is the Adafruit Feather 32u4 Radio (RFM69HCW) 433MHz - our take
on an microcontroller packet radio transceiver with built in USB and
battery charging. Its an Adafruit Feather 32u4 with a 433 MHz radio
module cooked in! Great for making wireless networks that can go
further than 2.4GHz 802.15.4 and similar, are more flexible than
Bluetooth LE and without the high power requirements of WiFi.
This is the 433 MHz frequency module version.
At the Feather 32u4's heart is at ATmega32u4 clocked at 8 MHz and at
3.3V logic, a chip setup we've had tons of experience with as it's the
same as the Flora. This chip has 32K of flash and 2K of RAM, with
built in USB so not only does it have a USB-to-Serial program & debug
capability built in with no need for an FTDI-like chip, it can also
act like a mouse, keyboard, USB MIDI device, etc.
To make it easy to use for portable projects, we added a connector for
any of our 3.7V Lithium polymer batteries and built in battery
charging. You don't need a battery, it will run just fine straight
from the micro USB connector. But, if you do have a battery, you can
take it on the go, then plug in the USB to recharge. The Feather will
automatically switch over to USB power when its available. We also
tied the battery thru a divider to an analog pin, so you can measure
and monitor the battery voltage to detect when you need a recharge.
Here's some handy specs! Like all Feather 32u4's you get:
* Measures 2.0" x 0.9" x 0.28" (51mm x 23mm x 8mm) without headers
* Light as a (large?) feather - 5.5 grams
* ATmega32u4 @ 8MHz with 3.3V logic/power
* 3.3V regulator with 500mA peak current output
* USB native support, comes with USB bootloader and serial port
* You also get tons of pins - 20 GPIO pins
* Hardware Serial, hardware I2C, hardware SPI support
* 8 x PWM pins
* 10 x analog inputs
* Built in 100mA lipoly charger with charging status indicator LED
* Pin #13 red LED for general purpose blinking
* Power/enable pin
* 4 mounting holes
* Reset button
This Feather 32u4 Radio uses the extra space left over to add a
RFM69HCW 433 MHz radio module:
* SX1231 based module with SPI interface
* Packet radio with ready-to-go library
* Uses the amateur or license-free ISM band (ITU "Europe"
license-free ISM or ITU "American" amateur with limitations)
* +13 to +20 dBm up to 100 mW Power Output Capability (selectable in
* Range of approx. 350 meters, depending on obstructions, frequency,
antenna and power output
* Create multipoint networks with individual node addresses
* Encrypted packet engine with AES-128
* Simple wire antenna or spot for uFL connector
Comes fully assembled and tested, with a USB bootloader that lets you
quickly use it with the Arduino IDE. We also toss in some headers so
you can solder it in and plug into a solderless breadboard. You will
need to cut and solder on a small piece of wire (any solid or stranded
core is fine) in order to create your antenna. Lipoly battery and USB
cable not included but we do have lots of options in the shop if you'd
like! … more
|Product type||Electronics module|
If you wish to learn more about this product, please visit the manufacturer's website or contact us: email@example.com
Warranty 24 month Bring-in
Limited right of return
Please use our simplified returns and warranty process to return a product or register a warranty case. Returns and warranty
Please use our simplified warranty process to view the warranty period as well as any warranty extensions you may have purchased. This will ensure that your return or warranty case is processed quickly and effectively.
Information subject to change.
Have you tested this product? Share your opinion with the Galaxus community.Rate product
You're not connected to the Internet. Please check that your connection is enabled to keep browsing the site.