This lovely little display breakout is the best way to add a small,
colorful and bright display to any project. Since the display uses
4-wire SPI to communicate and has its own pixel-addressable
buffer, it can be used with every kind of microcontroller. Even a very
small one with low memory and few pins available!
The 2.2" display has 320x240 color pixels. Unlike the low cost "Nokia
6110" and similar LCD displays, which are CSTN type and thus have poor
color and slow refresh, this display is a true TFT! The TFT driver
(ILI9340) can display full 18-bit color (262,144 shades!). And the LCD
will always come with the same driver chip so there's no worries that
your code will not work from one to the other.
The breakout has the TFT display soldered on (it uses a delicate
flex-circuit connector) as well as a ultra-low-dropout 3.3V regulator
and a 3/5V level shifter so you can use it with 3.3V or 5V power and
logic. We also had a little space so we placed a microSD card holder
so you can easily load full color bitmaps from a FAT16/FAT32 formatted
microSD card. The microSD card is not included.
Of course, we wouldn't just leave you with a datasheet and a "good
luck!" - we\'ve written a full open source graphics library that can
draw pixels, lines, rectangles, circles, text and bitmaps as well as
example code . The code is written for Arduino but can be easily
ported to your favorite microcontroller! Wiring is easy, we strongly
encourage using the hardware SPI pins of your Arduino as software SPI
is noticeably slower when dealing with this size display. Check the
example sketches for wiring help until we get a detailed wiring
* 2.2" diagonal LCD TFT display
* 320x240 resolution, up to 18-bit (262,144) color
* ILI9340 controller with built in pixel-addressable video RAM
* 4 wire SPI digital interface - this display talks in '8-bit' SPI
check the Arduino library source for how to communicate
* Built-in microSD slot - uses 2 more digital lines
* 5V compatible! Use with 3.3V or 5V logic
* Onboard 3.3V @ 150mA LDO regulator
* 4 white LED backlight, transistor connected so you can PWM dim the
* 0.1" spaced header for easy breadboarding
* Max Dimensions: 40.63mm / 1.59" x 66.35mm / 2.61" x 6.05mm / 0.23"
* LCD Dimensions: 55.23mm / 2.17" x 40mm / 1.57" x 2.46mm / 0.09"
* Weight: 18.43g