The newest Nintendo Switch game: Monster Hunter Rise
Are Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon and Co. too boring for you? Whether at home, on the couch or on the train, it seems like you and your Nintendo Switch need more action and thrills. Then the highly anticipated action RPG title Monster Hunter Rise might be something for you. Face fearsome monsters in battle and become the ultimate monster hunter. Curious? Check out the trailer (including epic music) right here, clear the stage:
The gameplay in Monster Hunter is simple: hunt big monsters, get materials such as bones, scales or teeth and create your armour and weapons from them. In turn, you'll need them for even bigger and stronger monsters. Go through the quests alone or team up with friends and hunt gigantic creatures together. Explore old, sprawling, Japanese-style arenas, and discover vibrant ecosystems – all without loading times.
In Monster Hunter Rise, you'll start off the small village of Kamura. Your goal is to work with residents to save the village from destruction. After all, a legendary, terrifying monster has been spotted nearby. Now it's up to you to put your hunting skills to the test and face the fearsome beasts. Unlike in the previous game, there are some new hunting features that will make your journey even more exciting and challenging. Constantly build your skills and use them to your advantage. If you've already played Monster Hunter, you'll be happy to see some innovations that will make your life easier:
- You can explore hunting areas seamlessly and without loading times across different zones.
- You can now see how much damage your attacks do to the nefarious monsters.
- Some objects and tools can be picked up and used while running. Now you don't have to stop to use those potions, hallelujah!
- Useful items such as pickaxes, beetle nets, and whetstones are now permanently part of your equipment.
- This means that they no longer break and don't need to be regenerated. Owls are more than just cute fluffy friends: during quests, they'll show you the locations of monsters on your map!
Are you a fanboy? For the release of Monster Hunter Rise on Friday, March 26, limited special editions of the console will be available. The extremely limited Collector's Edition of the game is unfortunately already sold out.
Please note: as always with launch items, we'll ship your order exactly one day before, so your game will be in your mailbox or ready to pick up on release day. This way the fun can start right on time, and you can jump into the weekend head first!