Explore More: Up to 2 weeks battery life, Bluetooth telephony, heart rate monitor (also measures while swimming), music playback and many exciting features await you.
Huawei Watch GT 2: all-rounder with two weeks battery life for a healthy and active lifestyle
The new Huawei Watch GT 2
For the time being, the watch is released in two versions with a 46 mm case. Around mid-December, the smaller version with a 42 mm case (and the model name Diana-B19S) will also be available on digitec.
The Classic Edition comes with a black silicon sports wristband. We’re expecting to have it available again by the end of this week.
Die wichtigsten Specs und Eigenschaften of the 46 mm version
- Display: 1.39 inch AMOLED (454 × 454 pixels) with touch screen
- Storage: 4 GB ROM, 32 MB RAM
- Processor: Kirin A1
- Operating system: LiteOS
- Compatibility: Android 4.4 and iOS 9 and above
- Battery life: 2 weeks (30 h with GPS)
- Battery capacity: 455 mAh (charged in 75 min via charger and USB-C)
- Weight: 41 g (without wristband)
- Sensors: GPS, GLONASS, heart rate monitor (also under water), barometer, compass, motion sensors and ambient light sensor
- Smart notifications: calls, WhatsApp, e-mail, SMS, push messages, etc.
- Waterproof: 5 ATM
- Replaceable wristband? Yes, with all 22 mm QuickRelease bracelets
- App: Huawei Health App for Android and iOS
- Sports functions: 15 sports modes and 13 running courses
Specs and properties that are different for the 42 mm version
The 42 mm models are available in our shop from about mid-December. The characteristics and features remain the same, except for the following differences:
- Display: 1.2-inch AMOLED (390 × 390 pixels) with touchscreen
- Battery life: 1 week (with GPS 15 h)
- Battery capacity: 215 mAh (charged in 75 min per charging station and USB-C)
- Weight: 29 g (without wristband)
- Replaceable wristband? Yes, with all 20 mm QuickRelease bracelets
Microphone and speaker: the microphone is on the left; the speaker on the right. You can use the watch to make phone calls, as long as the connected mobile phone is close enough.
Music (control): the watch has enough storage for about 500 songs, which can be played back via wireless headphones – the Huawei FreeBuds Lite or FreeBuds 3, or other Bluetooth headphones, for instance. The quality depends on the headphones.
Sport: in addition to the usual modes, the watch also includes triathlon, rowing, cross-trainer and many more, and it features 13 running courses. Linking the watch to sports Apps such GoogleFit or MyFitnessPal is possible; Strava isn’t supported yet.
Tracking: the watch doesn’t only track your fitness activities, but also your stress level, heart rate, step count and sleep.
Always-on and power-saving display: the always-on display works with all watch faces but reduces the battery life. Choose a standby watch face (analogue or digital) to save battery power, or turn always-on off completely.
Personalisation: choose from a range of pre-installed watch faces or use pictures from your mobile gallery as background. Change the look of your watch in no time with a 22 mm wristband. In addition, the data display can be adjusted for all sports modes.
Simple handling: just like its predecessor, the Watch GT 2 is easy to operate. The top button takes you to the App menu; the bottom one to the Sports menu.
LiteOS and CPU: the operating system LiteOS by Huawei was developed specifically for the predecessor and is also used in the Watch GT 2. The Watch GT 2 is the first smartwatch with the Kirin A1 processor. This is Huawei's own processor and boasts a powerful dual-chip design which, together with the intelligent energy-saving concept, provides long battery life.
This watch offers you almost the entire spectrum of today's smartwatch functionalities – only paying, answering WhatsApp messages and e-mails and using Strava isn't possible on the watch.
Interested in wearables and mobile accessories? Great news! I’m happy to keep you up-to-date on all our news and special offers. Log into your account and click Follow author on my profile.