Finally: Fossil Sport has arrived
Hello there, Fossil Sport
Fossil Sport is available in two sizes with two colour options. The larger option (case 43 mm across) is geared towards men while the smaller one (case 41 mm across) is more suited towards women. Thanks to its countless sports options (from running to fitness over swimming to yoga), the Fossil Sport is one of best smartwatches out there for health-conscious and active people. It’s also one of the lightest sports watches on the market, weighing in at only 36 or 40 grams specifically. On top of that, its aluminium casing combined with its water- and sweat-proof silicone wristband makes it powerfully robust.
The key facts at a glance
- Operating system: Wear OS by Google.
- OLED screen, 390 x 390 display, touchscreen and three control knobs.
- Compatible with Android 4.4 and iOS 9.3 and higher.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100 processor.
- Around 1-day battery runtime (2 more days in battery saving mode).
- Many different activities to choose from (fitness, running, swimming, yoga, etc.).
- 4 GB and 512 MB RAM.
- 50 minutes for 80% charge (about 3 hours for 100%).
- Heartbeat sensor, accelerometer, altimeter, gyroscope, microphone, loudspeakers and unbound GPS.
- Water-resistant 5 ATM (up to 50 m).
- Aluminium casing with silicone wristband.
- Smartphone notifications for everyday life (alarm clock, calendar reminders, e-mail, weather, etc.).
Let’s take a closer look at the Fossil Sport
Even today, few smartwatches use the newest Qualcomm chipset (Snapdragon Wear 3100), which, among other things, enormously improves usage. Other models that use this include the Summit 2 for example, Montblanc’s new luxury smartwatch.
This watch can be personalised to your exact wishes thanks to a wide variety of clock faces and available apps. The integrated GPS allows you to leave your smartphone at home while jogging while still recording the exact route you took. Songs you’ve saved on your watch can also be played directly through your Bluetooth headphones (a feature only available through Google Play until now).
Setting up Fossil Sport
This video (in German) gives you a detailed step-by-step description on how to set up your new Fossil Sport. How useful.
The 43 mm Fossil Sport allows the use of all 22 mm quick-change wristbands while the 41 mm model requires 18 mm ones. Here’s a small selection for your inspiration.
Are there other Fossil smartwatches?
Of course! There are various other Fossil smartwatches. Other brands belonging to the Fossil Group also offer interesting smartwatches: Michael Kors, Misfit, Diesel, Skagen and Armani. You can decide whether your new smartwatch should be sporty, fashionable or chic.
Need an additional charging cable?
A cable is already included in the packaging. If you have a history of losing your cables, you might be happy to have a second charger on hand for at home, the office or your commute. This is my recommendation. Unfortunately there’s a bit of a delay in deliveries at the moment, so some orders might not arrive on time. You can still order them here, of course.
Interested in wearables, eReaders and mobile phone accessories? Great news! I’m happy to keep you up-to-date on all our news and special offers. Log into your account and click Follow author on my profile.